Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nutrition and Health. Hmmmmph...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Chad Michael, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting medical studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.
    2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and also suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.
    3. The Japanese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.
    4. The Italians drink excessive amounts of red wine and also suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.
    5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.
    :meh:

2. lneal

lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    I have one possible explanation. Can you say processed foods? Americans eat more processed, over preserved crap than any of the countries you mentioned. Therein lies the crux of the problem, IMNSHO*.

*In My Not So Humble Opinion.

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Other factors might be:

Eating slower, several small portions than only one or two big meals a day.

Higher quality food/ingredients, unsaturated fats, etc.

[EDIT] The beer-drinking, sausage- and sauerkraut-eating German is a cliche, or at least a thing of the past.
    Health-food and international cuisine is in, as it's pretty much anywhere else in Europe and the States.
    We don't nearly eat out of home (fastfood drive-ins, restaurants etc.) as much as the US citizen though, at least that's what I recall from my visit to Texas.