NuX Komp Core Deluxe

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassically_eli, Jan 22, 2021.

1. I'm rather curious about this pedal. I searched, and that turned up absolutely nothing on TB. In fact, it's hard to find much info at all on it. Surely someone's tried it.

It has a very nice set of controls: volume, blend, attack, and sustain knobs, plus a 3-way toggle for "compression intensity." It's an all analog circuit that claims to be transparent and low noise. That all sounds a bit too good to be true for just $80!

What do you think? Have you tried it? Is it a sleeper budget steal? Does it cut too much low-end for bass? At just $80, a little noise and coloration could be quite acceptable.

Here's the pedal:
    Komp Core Deluxe - NUX

There's a handful of reviews on Amazon's UK site, all of which are positive:
    Amazon.co.uk:Customer reviews: Nux | Komp Core Deluxe Compressor Pedal | Guitar FX

2. Bump. Anybody?

3. ChaseBassism

ChaseBassism

May 17, 2019
    You can send yours to scubaduba to review it. He has an pinned post about compressor review.

4. Nice, good to know. I never ended up getting one, though. I was shopping for mic preamps and came across the ART Tube MP/C, which is a tube preamp with an optical compressor. It turns out that it makes a great EB preamp and I really like the compressor, too, so I'm putting together a pedalboard with that. I'm still curious about the Komp Core Deluxe, so if I get one at some point, then I'll try to send it to scubaduba.

5. ChaseBassism

ChaseBassism

May 17, 2019
    Anw i found an youtube video reviewed this pedal:

bassically_eli likes this.
  6. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Yeah, I’d like to try this one.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 18, 2021