1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

nv610 mucho grande!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by midichlorine, Jul 19, 2007.

1. midichlorine

midichlorine Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2005
    hands down the best cab i've ever played
    simple, elegant and to the point

(my wife says now i "look" like i mean business)

sounds incredible and is very even and true.
    it is the perfect cab for me and my playng style
    thanks to all who led me down this path:hyper:

2. Willem

Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    Belgium
    I don't believe you have one

pics!!!

What bass and amp are you using it with?

3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

You're welcome. :p

Seriously: welcome to the club! The NV610 has its own special sonic magic, that's for sure... it's my favorite cab. And it looks cool, too.

midichlorine, if you fill out your user profile, we can simply look up your gear instead of having to ask. :)

4. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I have an IP310, so I'm pretty set in the rig department.

That being said, if I came into a significant amount of money, one of my first purchases would be an NV610. I don't need it, but paired with the right amp, it has darn near the best tone of any cab I've ever heard. Very different from the IP, but incredibly satisfying.

One of the best bass tones I've ever gotten was when I sat in on a friend's gig and played my '81 Ric through his Kern->CA9->NV610 rig. That was just pure badass rock tone right there. :bassist:

5. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    It's ridiculously good. I'm not a great bassist by ANY measure but I speak with the Voice of The Maker with it and my SVT. I may even become bulletproof, too.

6. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.

7. bassplayin

bassplayin

Dec 5, 2005
    I picked up an NV610 months ago and, simply put, it's the best. I'm using it with either an Ashdown 500EVOII or an Ampeg SVTII Pro and my Fender J with flats - it's the best live sound I've ever had. You made a great choice, for sure. Congrats!

8. Congratulations over your new cab!
    Just one thing in this case in spanish you say "MUY" instead of "MUCHO" because "mucho" is an adverb and "muy" adds more characteristics to the adjective. (****'*** philology) So your title would be "nv610 Muy grande!!!:) ANd yeah that thing is "GRANDE":)

9. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Sting was just renting it from Jim Bergantino anyway.

10. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    ... :p

11. I'm SURE Sting was killed in DUNE! ;-)
    Welcome to the NV club- a great beastie 4 sure!!! I -as Usual- can't wait to use it again tonite....with my Fender 300PRO tonite!!!! YAY!!!!!
    +1 fill out yr profile- what amp are U using it with???????

OH I just got PM'd to ask me to stop using my style of shorthand, "if I'm going to be a decent member of a forum" prob is, in my job-where I usually access this forum- I'm NOT really meant to be accessing ANY forum-so I try & do it the quickest way I can-& STILL be understandable- most ppl seem to understand it anyways! If it IS a PROBLEM for YOU PLEASE PM me & let me KNOW!!!!!
    Sorry 2 go OT. But I thought I'd mention this ASAP-whoops sorry!

12. Trinen

Trinen

Jul 14, 2007
    Seattle -- Ballard
    Site Merchandiser/Editor Amazon.com Musical Instruments Store
    Just yesterday I myself picked up an NV610 as the companion to a new Ashdown Head. It's amazingly cool. The sound is everything I wanted, and best of all, I was able to move the thing out of the store to my van, put it in, and then take it in my back door at home and down my basement stairs by myself. Try that trick with an 810 and I'll give you the number for a chiropractor. The NV610 still a big thing to move, but it is movable.

Also it totally rocks, compared to other movable cabs I've had. Hurray Bergantino. One more happy bass player.

13. Congrats to YOU too Trinen!!!!! I agree with U re moving it. I just put skidrails on the rear of my NV610 & it's now even easier! AWESOME CAB!!! I can NEVER wait to use it next. Luckily -thats 2nite!

14. midichlorine

Jun 15, 2005
    i'm going to try to post some pics but in the mean time if someone else could post for me i will gladly send it.

currently using a db359 and a

1976 WHITE les paul triumph (recording) bass

15. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Grats, and welcome to the club! :cool:

16. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    After having my Henry, I'm starting to like sealed cabs.
    An NV215 would be nice.

17. midichlorine

Jun 15, 2005
    [​IMG][/IMG]

18. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Ooh, nice! When you get a chance, a review would be appreciated. I've yet to hear of any TBer running the DB359 through a sealed cab.

19. Man, what a cool setup! I love the look of that bass.

20. The BASS IS A BEAUTY!!!!!!!!!!! as is the cab...rig!