1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NV610 vs Henry 8x8

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by I Forget, May 18, 2011.

1. I Forget

I Forget

Apr 16, 2010
    I'm really not a vintage tone guy but I may soon have a gig where I need that tone. The punch of the NV610 that everyone mentions sounds very attractive. But I've also heard that the henry is a punchy cab. It has the advantage (for me) of additional flexibility because of the tweeter. So I'm wondering if it can deliver a convincing vintage tone with the tweeter off. Can anyone familiar with both cabs set me straight?

The other long shot was the sealed swr marcus miller 410. My back likes the idea and I suspect I would really like that cab, but I wonder what I can get out of it with the tweeter off. Anyone?

2. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    I always wished the nv610 had a horn when I owned it. Im having LDS build a 8x8 + horn for me. The marcus cab is punchy but kind of has that mid scoop like all swr cabs. It's just the sound of their drivers.

3. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Perfect timing....I just received this yesterday and posted a pic on the LDS thread:

LDSCab-1.

Riis