NWOBHM fans?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Acacia, Apr 30, 2001.

1. Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I am listening to Satan's COURT IN THE ACT right now. Awesome NWOBHM.

Anyone else into the genre? If you need explanation of what bands are considered NWOBHM goto www.nwobhm.com

Other faves Tokyo Blade, Persian Risk and Grim Reaper.

You? ;)
  2. brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    Early Judas Priest rule!
  3. Diamond Head's "Behold the Beginning" is an awesome record. And yeah, I did get turned onto them because of Metallica, I admit it. I thought the best song on that record was "The Prince" and I used to think, "How cool would it be if Metallica covered THAT one?" And, as if I had commanded it, they did.. the B side of "Bread Fan."
    I have that NWOBHM double-CD set, but I haven't listened to it in a long time.
  4. Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Dave, that's a great set. If'n you decide to sell it, lemme know, my collection lacks that one. ;)
  5. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Witchfinder General and Saxon would be a few of my favorites.
  6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    The only band I really got in to from the NWOBHM was Maiden. Their first 2 albums are 2 of my ALL TIME favs albums!!!! THe albums w/Bruce were great too, but Paul D'Anno was awesome.
  7. Same as Nino. I actually prefer Maiden with Di'Anno. Dickinson's voice can get a bit cartoonish at times.
  8. The only NWOBHM band ive heard is maiden, but i don't know what to check out other than them.
  9. I'm pretty sure its

New Wave of British Heavy Metal

but i could be wrong
  10. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    New Wave of British Heavy Metal FYI

Liege Lord...I heard one of their albums years ago, but unfortunately I didn't buy it. Been trying to find the CD ever since (it had a bird preying on a corpse on the cover, perhaps anybody knows the title).

And I like Dickinson more than Di'Anno. No wonder things got better with Maiden since he's aboard again.

Damn, I should take typing lessons :D
  11. Iron Maiden and Def Leppard are the only bands on that list that I know about...

but on that list it says incubus.. but I´m guessing it´s not the Incubus that I´m thinking about...
  12. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    I think no-one has mentioned yet...the almighty ANGELWITCH!!!
  13. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Don't know why it surprised me, but I confess I was surprised to see Toad,The Wet Sprocket on that list. Maybe I didn't listen to enough of their music. I unwittingly had called it grunge. Oh well.

Anyway, that is an intersting and thorough list.

14. WintryGrey

Sep 12, 2000
    woo! NWOBHM rules!

check out demon's unexpected guest

and saxon rocks too!
  15. NJXT

Jan 9, 2001
    Lyon, FRANCE
    Maiden ! Maiden ! Maiden !
    and I liked also Saxon, Def Lep' ans Mama's Boys
  16. Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    That TOad The Wet Sprocket is different from the radio friendly band of the 90s.

Liege Lord aren't NWOBHM as they were from Connecticut. But their first 2 LPs were great. Not sure what happened on Mater COntrol.
  17. I remember seeing a couple of videos by Grim Reaper on Beavis and Butthead.....classic TV moments....
  18. Jennifer

Jul 31, 2000
    Erie, Illinois
    Oh man, Mama's Boys! Loved that band, they had a good heavy groove. Saw them in concert a few times. Three piece if I remember correctly. The guitarist used a bow on occasion.