NXT4a Power supply

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by jdh3000, Aug 25, 2019.

1. jdh3000

jdh3000

May 16, 2016
    Arkansas
    Does anyone know what type of charging power supply the NS Design NXT4a has? Does it use a standard 9 or 18 volt adapter, or something special made?

I bought one used and don't know if it will have the power supply with it. I cannot seem to find anything online regarding a replacement.

I didn't realize before buying it that it used a charger; for some reason I thought it was a battery powered preamp.

2. jdh3000

jdh3000

May 16, 2016
    Arkansas
    Thank you so much!

This is exactly what I was trying to find.
    I just bought a used NXTa and it's on its way, but I don't know if it will have a charger. Should asked before buying but, if was a go deal so even if I have to replace this, it'll still be a bargain.

Thank you again!

crocau likes this.
  3. It is an excellent instrument, i have a great time with it. In the other hand, you might be on a new tone quest... strings, amp, string height, ...
    The internal preamp does the job very well, but sometimes I use a Fishman preamp to get a decent EQ.
    You may also contact the guy at NS Design, i've had friendly emails and great service.
    Cheers !

jdh3000 likes this.
  4. jdh3000

jdh3000

May 16, 2016
    Arkansas
    Thank you! Yes, I plan to gradually upgrade.

Do you use the fishman platinum pro? I believe it has a switch for upright.

Thanks again!

5. I have an old version of the Fishman Platinum… there is no such switch.
    Keep in mind that your whole chain will matter.
    I get the best results with the preamp plugged into my Phil Jones amp.

jdh3000 likes this.
  6. jdh3000

jdh3000

May 16, 2016
    Arkansas
    Yes I've been looking at those older versions on resale sites.

Thamk you!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 26, 2022