1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

NY: FS Upton Standard Laminate

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by Vince_P9, Dec 15, 2012.

1. 2009 Upton Standard Laminate

Gamba corners, THICK solo extended fingerboard (about 3/4" at the sides), adjustable bridge, Super Endpin Ball, thick padded Bobelock case (1yr old), strung w/ Helicore Hybrid lights (1 month old) the bass responds better to less tension.

Perfect first bass or for NYC professional not wanting to haul their A-game through public transit, also for any Northeast players looking for something to bear the cold.

I've had this bass up for sale several times already before deciding against parting with it. Set up to play like butter. Sounds and feels great. I don't even know if Upton is still making these but they're $2.7k plus strings, case, adjustable bridge and solo extension upgrade, not to mention a 10 week wait.

Located in the Hudson Valley, NY- $2k

Link to pics: http://s605.photobucket.com/albums/tt135/vince_p9/Upton/

The fingerboard is a little gunked up in the photos, will be cleaned. Also, as you may or may not be able to tell, the neck heel has been re finished w/ spirit varnish due to an incident involving denatured alcohol whilst cleaning the fingerboard (ironically). Also, please note these photos are from a while back and the sale does not include the Full Circle, carbon tailpiece, or Spirocore strings as pictured. The bass is currently strung w/ Helicore Hybrid Lights and an ebony tailpiece, no pickup included.

2. Vapel

Vapel

Oct 25, 2012
    Cleveland, OH
    Pm sent

3. PM'ed

4. nemesio

nemesio

Jan 17, 2007
    new to T B where r u located i am in nyc

5. all PMs replied, pics up

6. What's the string measure? Is it a D neck?

7. D'oh! It's a D-neck, bridged nudged slightly north of the f-hole notches (where the center of the top actually is) for 41.25" length, 42" centered with f-holes.

8. Bass is sold thanks y'all.

9. arnoldschnitzer

arnoldschnitzer AES Fine Instruments

Feb 16, 2002
    New Mexico. USA
    Congrats, Vince. How'd the project bass work out?

10. Thanks Arnold! I held on to it for a while, ended up selling it along with the Upton to fund my current search for a hybrid...

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021