1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NY Gig Spam -- Santi Debriano

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Freddels, May 13, 2006.

1. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    you’re invited to an evening of new compositions by

Bassist/Guitarist/ Composer SANTI DEBRIANO

Santi will be premiering his new work for latin jazz quartet, the Magic Circle Ritual Suite.

On Tuesday, May 23rd, 2006 8:00pm

at
    Bahai Center
    53 East 11th Street
    New York, NY 10003
    (between Broadway & University)
    Telephone: 212-674-8998
    advance tickets can be purchased by calling 212-222-5159.
    http://www.bahainyc.org/jazz.html
    sets at 8 and 10pm
    $15 cover charge, $10 for students

performing with Santi will be

MARK TURNER- tenor saxophone

Acclaimed tenor saxophonist Mark Turner is considered to be among the most influential voices on sax of his generation

HELIO ALVES

A masterful pianist and bandleader from Brazil, Helio and Santi have collaborated together for a decade.

ERNESTO SIMPSON

Recently arrived from Cuba, Ernesto’s drumming virtuosity is constantly in demand on the NY jazz scene.

“… a joyful expression of life, celebrating, in the course, music from various parts of the world. The music is beyond strict categorization; although it is decidedly within the inclusiveness of the jazz tradition... beautiful melodies, sophisticated harmonies, and varied rhythmic movements [and] pungent solo work."
    -Russell A. Roberts, L.A. Jazz Scene, on Circlechant CD, by Santi Debriano

Visit www.debrianoarts.com

2. Tbeers

Tbeers

Mar 27, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Sounds nice (and cheap for a student like me, hehe).

I just want to point out that Bahai is one of the coolest religions ever. Though I'm biased as a student of Persian (the faith originated in Tehran), it really is a religion whose principles are difficult to argue against. A lot would be different in the Middle East right now if Bahai had really caught on.