Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NY jazz/dance clubs

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by beyondhairy, Dec 15, 2005.

1. calling out to all my NYC homies :p

i want to take a girl out dancing, i like the girl a lot and we are good friends now but i want something more, and i am afraid to break that touch barrier...(im 20.. im so pittifull) so i was thinking i can take her dancing, but we both hate crowded places because we cant hear each other at all.. and we both are fond of Jazz...

...so my question is:

what are some Nice Jazz dance clubs in NY that arent too crowded but still pretty lively so we dont get bored :p and a pretty lively band too

2. All the classics.
    The 55 Grand.
    Birdland.
    There's a million of 'em in NYC. Depends whether you're looking for Jazz or dancing. If you wanna take her dancing and get close to her, you wanna look for the bigger places, but then you don't want it to be too crowded.......I don't know.
    I'm not a fan of most dance clubs (insanely loud techno and rap). I hate that stuff. But NYC is one of the best places in the country for Jazz clubs. Do a little Google search for NYC Jazz clubs, you'll find plenty of stuff.

3. well i really want to take her dancing, im a horrible dancer but i really want to get close to her, in a non perverted way :p

i hate the rap and techno scene(she does to) so im avoiding those places like the plage. but yea, i want to take her somewhere where we can actually get some dancing done, and not just gyrate to glass shattering bass thumping

so maybe not a Jazz club but a nice dancing room with nice music, a live band, no DJ or anything

i did google btw.. but it was really general results

edit..

i was just checkout some of the prices at birdland, and they were kinds pricey, seeing as how im sort of unemployeed, and im also looking for a place that doesnt have a minimum for a table, its not a price issue, i just hate being told how many drinks im supposed to have..

4. Hmmm....I know there's nothing like a date in the city, but I don't know it all that well (not for this kinda thing anyway). I live on Long Island, which is not nearly as exciting or desireable as Manhatten, but I know a few places right in my town that would be perfect for this kind of thing.