NY Jets & Philly Iggles BLOW

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gard, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ....these two teams of clowns backed into the playoffs, rolled over and let the Rams beat them, put a team that does not in any way deserve to be in the NFL's post season sneak in, and kept a team that won 4 straight, the final game against last year's NFC Champions, from going into the post season.

I used to have two favorite teams: The Saints and whoever was playing the Cowboys. Now I have a few new ones - add whoever is playing the Jets, the Iggles, and the Rams.

I hope that the Chargers flatten the Jets next weekend, the Pack flattens the Rams, and when the Iggles get their first shot in two weeks, whoever they play embarasses them in their own stadium.

A very frustrated and irritated Saints fan :mad:

(And no, I didn't harbor any delusions that my team would go far in the playoffs, however they actually EARNED the trip, the Rams were GIVEN that trip, because the games they played the past 2 weeks meant nothing to the teams they were playing :scowl: )
  2. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Hey, at least it's not the BCS. :D
  3. Head Creep

Head Creep

Nov 6, 2004
    Los Angeles
    The Jets went pretty far into overtime, so I wouldn't say they rolled over. And the "Iggles" already lost TO, so I don't blame them for playing dead (since they pretty much are dead without TO). But look at it this way: I'm a Raider fan. This season, the Raiders sucked more than a cheap prostitute. At least your team got into the playoffs...
  4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Oh, don't even start me on that, LSU had to "share" the National Championship with USC last season because of that bunch of pencil-pushing morons.

There's NO WAY USC could have gone toe-to-toe with LSU last year. Bah.

Sorry, I'm pretty torqued right now, first LSU plays like ca-ca Saturday and loses at the last second, now the Saints play their hearts out and win, only to have their "prize" stolen from them by a bunch of wimps who didn't want to get "hurt".

5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    The Jets made decisions in the overtime that were predicated on knowing that the outcome of the game had no affect on their playoff situation (i.e., attempting a 53 yard field goal?! :rollno: ). The Iggles will get what they deserve, you're right, no TO, no chance to get to the Super Bowl (like it matters, the AFC will clobber whichever NFC team walks on the field). Yes, the Raiders had a rough season, but my Saints actually didn't make the playoffs, and the fact that it's because other teams didn't play their best just really chaps my @$$. :spit:
  6. Rams deserved that playoff spot...if Marc Bulger wasn't injured for 2-3 weeks they'd have a few more wins on their belt.

Aaron Brooks is too much of a Jekyll and Hyde for the Saints to ever make the playoffs.
  7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA

If the Eagles had played their 1st teamers, the Rams would have been pounded, TO or no TO. That takes them out of the playoffs last Monday night. Didn't happen, Andy Reid is a chicken, that's why the Eagles won't get past the NFC Championship game - and the Rams don't deserve playoff status, injuries are part of the game, you have to win or lose with or without them.

Also, check Brooks' stats over the past 2 years, he has one of the best TD to interception ratios in the NFL. Hardly "Jekyll & Hyde".
  8. Head Creep

Head Creep

Nov 6, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Oh, I missed that little part. At least the Saints had a chance... and yeah, the NFC's gonna get slaughtered. If the 8-8 Rams barely missed winning their division while the 14-2 Patriots didn't get home field advantage, I'm gonna guess that there's far better teams in the AFC then the NFC. Your Saints would've been whooped one way or another, admit it. Better to have the Eagles and Jets to blame than the Saints themselves.
  9. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    Please people - I can't believe no one mentioned my lovable Minnechoka Vikings. This team is so ridiculously one dimensional and inconsistent, they should forfeit all their games past week 6.
  10. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Actually, no, I'd rather blame myself, or my team for failure, rather than be denied my opportunity because of someone else being a slack-@$$.
  11. Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    So... the Jets won, right? If so, I'm happy :hyper: If not, they're still going to the playoffs, right? If so, I'm even happier :hyper:
  12. Head Creep

Head Creep

Nov 6, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Jets lost and still got into the playoffs thanks to the Bills losing to second and third-string Steelers. How do you lose to a quarterback that was just pulled from the practice squad?!
  13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

Actually...the Rams are coming to Seattle on Saturday.

Ya know Gard....if your Saint's just would have beaten the Seahawks back in September like you told me they would, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

16 games buddy, don't get mad because the Saints screwed up four months ago. It isn't about one game today, it's about the last 15 too.

14. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    The Eagles EARNED the right to roll over the last 2 games of the season. They played their hearts out, won big games, and earned that right.

Last year they lost one of their main linebackers and Brian Westbrook right before the playoffs, so to say Andy Reid is chicken is probably, well, true. And I would be chicken too if I were him.

The goal at this point is to win the Super Bowl, not to embellish your regular-season record, which means nothing at the end of January.
  15. I have exactly three words for that:

Neener, neener, neener.:D

Hawks rock. Especially beating the Falcons at home. Too bad about Michael vick, though. I hear he might not be able to play in the playoffs? How bad WAS that shoulder injury?

Rock on
  16. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

Ya know--if the playoffs were only based on the last 4 weeks of the season, Gard, I might feel bad for the 'Aints. But, as the playoff scenario is baed on a full 17 weeks of football, it is what it is.

And, anyone who makes the argument that a team should play their starters in meaningless games is living in a fantasy world. Besides--If Atlanta had played their starters last week, do you really think the Saints would have beaten them like they did? Probably not.

The Saints could have taken their "prize" without needing anyone's assistance simply by not going 8-8.
  17. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
  18. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Comin' from a Texan? Them's fightin' words down there.
  19. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Regarding the BCS, I think Utah & Louisville proved thier case... These are two formidable teams, which were pretty much snubbed by the BCS...
  20. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Actually, even with the Falcons at "full-strength", they only won by 3 points in the previous game, and the " 'aints" were not playing football anywhere close to the level they were the past 4 weeks. Yes, the Saints could have beaten them, Vick or no Vick.

Also, look at week 3, the Saints, who were definitely NOT playing well at that point, took the Rams to OT and beat them.

The only teams that BEAT the Saints were Seattle (congrats, and I hope y'all SPANK those pansies from St. Louis next week), Arizona (talk about the Saints sleepwalkin'), San Diego (a true contender for the AFC Championship), and Denver (another instance of truly BAD playing by the Saints). The rest of the games they lost they were in until late in the game, and in the case of the game with Minnesota they got SCREWED by some truly horrific officiating (YES, Randy Moss CAN commit offensive pass interference, CALL THE DAMN PENALTY WHEN HE GRABS A DEFENDER'S JERSEY AND HOLDS HIM DOWN! :mad: :spit: ), and were still in the game until the very end.

By the way, my complaint isn't really with the teams that did not playing their starters as much as it is with the fact that a team that didn't deserve to be in the playoffs is getting in thanks to that fact. St. Louis is only in because it didn't matter if the last two teams won or lost - if it had, they would have had their hats handed to them two weeks ago.

Yes, had the 'aints played to their potential for the entire season, this wouldn't have been an issue. But, let me gripe, willya! :)