NY Music Stores

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bassmanbob, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

I'm going up to Long Island for about a week beginning this coming Wednesday (12/21/05). I'm going to have a Bass Day with my nephews who are both in college. We are going to check out a few guitar and bass stores in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens and Long Island.

I moved to Florida 12 years ago. Where are the music stores? Which ones have the better gear? Vintage stuff? I have a Guitar Center right here in Florida, so I don't need that.

If anyone would like to get together for lunch, drinks or dinner, let me know. I don't want to take away from the GTG already in the works for the 29th. I'd go to that, but I'll be back in FL by that time. I'm figuring that we'll be in Manhattan by about 1-2 PM until ???

Thanks, Bob
  2. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    There are a couple of manufacturers that have showrooms, Shadowsky and Fodera, I would definitely hit those. Rogers shop must be entered without credit cards or checks or women you might want to trade...... :D
  3. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    There isn't much on long island besides a halfway decent sam ash around the corner from guitar center. There's a tiny place called Michael's music in Freeport with some vintage stuff. Royal music in Merrick and brooklyn that are gibson dealers and have some random stuff, i've been doing business with them for the passed ten years, but it isn't one of those "hey it's worth checking out" places. There's a G&L dealer a couple miles north of that. Shrug. Stick to manhattan and brooklyn, there isn't anything passed the boroughs worth seeing.
  4. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

right now, i'm waaaaaay too tired to write up a whole treatise for you, but PM me, and i'll be more than happy to help plan your "NYC Bass Day" ;)
  5. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Although we didn't get to any NYC music stores due to the transit strike on Thursday, my nephews and I were able to visit both Fodera and Sadowsky. It was a very nice experiece at both places but different. I enjoyed meeting Nino. I'll post a new thread about it when I get back to Florida next week. I'm on my parent's phone line and don't want to clog up the line.