1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NY Traffic laws question

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Last year in August I got a speeding ticket in the town of Chazy upstate NY on my way to Montreal for a vacation weekend. I get the ticket and its printed on what appears to be a car version of an ancient xerox machine. Either way in RI when you get a speeding ticket it tells you how much the ticket is and what not. Apparently NY don't tell you how much they are for, I guess you have to plead guilty first and then pay a bill.

Well I figured its in some random small town about 5 miles from Canada I can live with possibly having a warrant for my arrest in a town I will probably never go to again thats 5 hours away from where I live.

Well about 2 weeks ago I get a notice of non-compliance from my states DMV telling me I have to pay dues to the state in which I have offended their laws. But the funny thing it still doesn't tell me how much I need to pay...

Well I've been calling every effing number I can find in Chazy to try to make ends meet so my license doesn't get suspended, with no real progress. Anyone have any hints so that I can make peace with the state of NY?

2. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Killdozer is your only answer.

3. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    For NY speeding tickets, you're supposed to fill out the ticket, and mail it in, which includes a plea of guilty or not guilty. If you plead guilty, they assess the penalty, which won't have points in this case, since you don't have a NY license, but will include a fine, that you'll have to pay, plus a surcharge. If you plead not guilty, you will receive a letter in the mail with a date to appear in court. From the sounds of it, you didn't send in a plea.

4. AdlerAugen

AdlerAugen

Aug 9, 2006
    tickets suck....I got an 87 dollar one for not even running a frikkin yellow light...d*mn motorcycle cop thought it was red, and convinced the judge apparently too. He was a frikkin mean one too frick he's acting all pissed when I'm the one that's gotta be pissed. 87 bucks is a lot of cash to a then 17-year-old.

5. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    All I want is some frikkin sharks with laserbeams attached to their frikkin heads, now is that too much to ask?

[​IMG]

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021