Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NYC Bassists Role Call

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by BassJunkie730, Jan 25, 2006.

1. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Ok so, I see a lot of guys with NYC as their location. I'd like to start a thread for Big Apple Bassists. Specifically to share gig info so we can check each other out live.

I'll start.

I'm a Manhattanite, I've been playing for a little over a year now (a guitar convert). I front the band haVeBlue with my roommate.

Come check us out at the Pussycat Lounge next Wednesday @ 9 pm.

~M

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I'll be moving back in June. LI or Brooklyn, I haven't decided yet.

3. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I am available to play in the NYC area.

4. Commreman

Commreman Faith, Family, Fitness, and Frets Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    Does the Bridge and Tunnel crowd in Joisey count? Fuggedaboudit!

5. I live in Queens and go to school in Manhattan (HS of Art & Design). No band, no gigs, but I've been jamming with a drummer I was in a band with about 2 years ago and were thinking of doing a bass-drum improv thing, no vocals, until we find a guitarist.

I spoend most of my time in Manhattan (as my drummer lives in manhattan) and plus there isnt much that interests me in Queens so, yea :smug: .

6. ZonPlyr

ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    I'm in Michigan but I travel to NYC for gigs about every 3 to 4 weeks. If this thread stays open for a bit I'll post the upcoming gigs I have there.