NYC Cops Protest Indictment

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Oct 28, 2011.

1. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Inactive

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    If you're talking about the cops fixing tickets and ****, then definitely.

If you're talking about them protesting and keeping the cameras out, well, they're acting like pretty much every other powerful union out there, and I can't really say I'm surprised.

2. punish the s**t out of the cops
    break the s**t out of the union*

QED

davesignatureII.gif

* the latter is, of course, more important than the former

3. skychief

skychief

Apr 27, 2011
    South Bay
    the "code of silence" will prevail. Always has. Always will.

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    What scares me is the idea that law officers do not seem to understand that "everybody does it" is not an acceptable excuse for anybody else, so why should it fly for them? With more investigations, and the fact that everyone has a cellphone, cops are getting caught more and more, they just don't seem to understand that they are going to have to change the way they do things. I just hope the change is towards more honesty.

5. john grey

john grey

Apr 19, 2011
    Oracle, Arizona
    ONE OF THE HIGHEST FORMS OF TREACHERY IS TRUST ABUSED.
    The entire state, if not the Nation will turn on these thieves & liers (because that's what they are: they took an oath). Perhaps the stupidest things that they could do collectively is support the continuation of that behavior.

Whether they win or loose, this action should NEVER be forgotten. It's indicative of a way of thinking that certainly doesn't stop at a traffic citation. How many innocent people have suffered at their hands, through their lying and manipulating the system?

There only difference between them and any other crook is a blue uniform, an oath, & a trust betrayed.

6. WORSE...they are worse than HONEST criminals... at least criminals don't try to justify their actions... well, maybe they do at TRIAL but not really.

they are the equivalent of the mafia, only worse.

davesignatureII.gif

7. Batmensch

Batmensch

Jul 4, 2010
    Media, PA.
    I understand wanting to support your fellow officers, but there is a point where such support is NOT warranted. If they commited a crime, other police should be the first to condemn them. Such blind support only reinforces the mistrust between law enforcement and the public. At that point, cops have lost the right to complain about uncooperative civilians.

8. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    +1. Frankly I think these protests are embarrassing themselves. It seems like they're protesting their right to be crooked and on the take.

9. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Unbelievable. Did you even read what you posted?

10. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Inactive

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    Good luck trying to get any sense out of him.

I especially like the 'equivalent to the mafia, but worse' line. Isn't that the same as 'worse than the mafia'?

Anyway...bent cops on the take...the only surprise is that anyone is surprised. Tell me an institution that hasn't experienced corruption to a degree.

I feel the need to watch Internal Affairs.

11. and good day to you too, my erudite little friend...:D

oh, and BTW...as Socrates said...he who strikes the first blow admits that he has lost the argument

davesignatureII.gif

12. well... i think so... but it's been so long ago that i may have forgotten...

please point out how my analogy is fallacious... i always stand to be corrected.

davesignatureII.gif

ps-edit-- yeah, i think i used a poor word choice when i said "...equivalent...only worse"... i guess what i should have said is "like the mafia only worse"...are you ok with that, or have you some other error of my ways to point out to me?

13. sandmangeck

sandmangeck

Jul 2, 2007
    Colorado
    Courts are finally proving what we've known all along.

14. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Inactive

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    Yes. It's a Chinese proverb, not Socrates.

15. i stand corrected, and thanks for doing so..:D

davesignatureII.gif

16. It's pretty hard to have any sympathy for the police when you read stuff like this. Gee, where's Frank Serpico when you need him?

17. Muaguana

Muaguana

Jul 28, 2009
    Reminds me of that NIN song, March of the Pigs.

18. fmoore200

fmoore200

Mar 22, 2011
    NYC
    After reading the article I can attest to the overall hostility demonstrated by the police in nyc. I don't know where it comes from, maybe it is a reflection of the people of nyc in general.

The article also stated the distrust between the citizens, especially in the Bronx, and the police. Once again, spot on. The Bronx and Brooklyn have, imo, the least trust/faith in the police.

19. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    But you stick by the "honest criminal" part? See any irony there at all? Look, I'm all for prosecuting crooked cops. I have no problem with that, but comparing them to organized crime? Please. Anyway, according to your first point, members in organized crime are "honest" anyway.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021