Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NYC Gig Spam

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Phil Smith, Apr 30, 2003.

1. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    Greeting folks, I'll be holding down the low end for the band Soul Disciple on Thursday, May 1st @ 7PM. The venue is CBGB's 313 Gallery, 313 Bowery NYC. For additonal info check out my gig page. There's a $5 cover charge and no drink mininum.

Soul Disciple is a female fronted rock band and boy can this woman sing, so if you're not doing
    anything come on down.

2. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Greeting folks, I'll be holding down the low end once again for the band Soul Disciple, this Friday, June 13th @ 8PM. The venue is CBGB's 313 Gallery, 313 Bowery NYC. For additonal info check my gig page. There's a $5 cover charge and no drink mininum.

Soul Disciple is a female fronted rock band and boy can this woman sing, so if you're not doing
    anything come on down.

3. I missed you last time, Phil, but, I'm going to do my best to make it tomorrow night.

Hopefully I'll see you then.

Mike ;)

4. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars
    Have a great gig, Phil.

I hope you don't mind if I jump in on your thread here...but I've got some NYC gig spam of my own.

My band Mystery Feet http://www.mysteryfeet.com is making our NYC debut next month. We'll be playing Friday, July 4, at The Elbow Room (144 Bleecker St. in the Village). It's a 7:00pm hit, so you can catch our set and still have the whole night (maybe even your own gigs) in front of you...some pre-fireworks fireworks, if you can dig. :cool:

There's a $10 cover charge (you must say you're there to see us for that price, the next act, Lorenzo La Roc & Masterpiece, for example is $15, but once you're in to see us you can stay for as many acts as you like), but for a weekend night in NYC, not too bad. Besides, IMNSHO, we're worth it.

I'd surely like to get a chance to meet and hang with some of you NYC TBers. If you are able to make it, all I ask is that you bring along 8 or 9 of your friends.

:help:

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I will try to make it!!!!!

While I'm here:
    Tipperary Arms
    June 21st 2003 11:00pm
    149th street and Northern Blvd.
    Queens, NY 10012 Tele-718-359-8854
    with TBA

60 Below
    August 22nd 2003 12:00am
    60 N Park Ave
    Rockville Centre, NY 11570
    516 255 9036
    with TBA

6. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Nino, Mike, if you come down make sure you introduce yourselves, but don't critque my playing too much. :D

7. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Hey Mike,

Thanks for coming down, it was great to meet you. I wish I had more time to chat with you about stuff.

Phil

8. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    Well since ya got Rockville I might as well mention...Phillip the Meatbox Sat.June 14th @ The Full Martini in Islip(10:30 start). www.ptmeatbox.com

9. Yeah Phil, I'm glad I could make it, and I'm glad I met you. Hopefully we'll meet again at a future gig. I'm trying to meet as many TBers as I can. It's a bunch of fun, and sometimes it takes you to a club you've never been to.

BTW, to whoever is reading this: Phil can play! ;)

Until next time...

Mike :)

10. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Okay...so at first I was majorly bummed out that the Elbow Room has closed! Aaaaargh! Our first gig in NYC and :mad: :bawl: .

Now the "good news" part...we're simply moving across Bleecker Street to The Bitter End :ninja: :hyper: :cool: .

4th of July (still), 8pm hit for an hour set. It would be great to hang with some a youse cats.

11. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    At the risk of dragging this thread off topic, does anyone know why the Elbow Room was shut down? I heard noise problems.

12. There was a fire this morning at the corner of Bleecker and Thompson Streets. If the Elbow room was there, that's your answer.

Craig, I don't think I'll be in the City on the 4th. Sorry. If anything changes I'll let you know.

Mike

13. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Hmmm a fire huh? I heard noise problems too. The city (read Bloomberg) was coming down hard on them, is what I was told. Anyway, as long as the Bitter End stays open :cool: .