1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NYC Gig Spam

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Phil Smith, Apr 30, 2003.

1. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    Greeting folks, I'll be holding down the low end for the band Soul Disciple on Thursday, May 1st @ 7PM. The venue is CBGB's 313 Gallery, 313 Bowery NYC. For additonal info check out my gig page. There's a $5 cover charge and no drink mininum.

Soul Disciple is a female fronted rock band and boy can this woman sing, so if you're not doing
    anything come on down.

2. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Greeting folks, I'll be holding down the low end once again for the band Soul Disciple, this Friday, June 13th @ 8PM. The venue is CBGB's 313 Gallery, 313 Bowery NYC. For additonal info check my gig page. There's a $5 cover charge and no drink mininum.

Soul Disciple is a female fronted rock band and boy can this woman sing, so if you're not doing
    anything come on down.

3. I missed you last time, Phil, but, I'm going to do my best to make it tomorrow night.

Hopefully I'll see you then.

Mike ;)

4. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars
    Have a great gig, Phil.

I hope you don't mind if I jump in on your thread here...but I've got some NYC gig spam of my own.

My band Mystery Feet http://www.mysteryfeet.com is making our NYC debut next month. We'll be playing Friday, July 4, at The Elbow Room (144 Bleecker St. in the Village). It's a 7:00pm hit, so you can catch our set and still have the whole night (maybe even your own gigs) in front of you...some pre-fireworks fireworks, if you can dig. :cool:

There's a $10 cover charge (you must say you're there to see us for that price, the next act, Lorenzo La Roc & Masterpiece, for example is $15, but once you're in to see us you can stay for as many acts as you like), but for a weekend night in NYC, not too bad. Besides, IMNSHO, we're worth it.

I'd surely like to get a chance to meet and hang with some of you NYC TBers. If you are able to make it, all I ask is that you bring along 8 or 9 of your friends.

:help:

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I will try to make it!!!!!

While I'm here:
    Tipperary Arms
    June 21st 2003 11:00pm
    149th street and Northern Blvd.
    Queens, NY 10012 Tele-718-359-8854
    with TBA

60 Below
    August 22nd 2003 12:00am
    60 N Park Ave
    Rockville Centre, NY 11570
    516 255 9036
    with TBA

6. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Nino, Mike, if you come down make sure you introduce yourselves, but don't critque my playing too much. :D

7. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Hey Mike,

Thanks for coming down, it was great to meet you. I wish I had more time to chat with you about stuff.

Phil

8. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    Well since ya got Rockville I might as well mention...Phillip the Meatbox Sat.June 14th @ The Full Martini in Islip(10:30 start). www.ptmeatbox.com

9. Yeah Phil, I'm glad I could make it, and I'm glad I met you. Hopefully we'll meet again at a future gig. I'm trying to meet as many TBers as I can. It's a bunch of fun, and sometimes it takes you to a club you've never been to.

BTW, to whoever is reading this: Phil can play! ;)

Until next time...

Mike :)

10. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Okay...so at first I was majorly bummed out that the Elbow Room has closed! Aaaaargh! Our first gig in NYC and :mad: :bawl: .

Now the "good news" part...we're simply moving across Bleecker Street to The Bitter End :ninja: :hyper: :cool: .

4th of July (still), 8pm hit for an hour set. It would be great to hang with some a youse cats.

11. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    At the risk of dragging this thread off topic, does anyone know why the Elbow Room was shut down? I heard noise problems.

12. There was a fire this morning at the corner of Bleecker and Thompson Streets. If the Elbow room was there, that's your answer.

Craig, I don't think I'll be in the City on the 4th. Sorry. If anything changes I'll let you know.

Mike

13. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Hmmm a fire huh? I heard noise problems too. The city (read Bloomberg) was coming down hard on them, is what I was told. Anyway, as long as the Bitter End stays open :cool: .