1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NYC Gigspam - I wanna see you all there!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by undeadbass, Apr 10, 2009.

1. undeadbass

undeadbass

Jun 27, 2008
    New York, NY
    I've never gigspammed on here before, but I have a couple important gigs coming up, and would like to see some fellow bassists there!

My original band, Ten Thousand Dollar Ego, is having our CD release party for "Your Face Is An EP". It's on April 18th, at 11pm, at The_Underscore, which is downstairs at Bar East. 1st Ave, between 89th and 90th, Manhattan. The CDs are free with admission (which I believe is $10).

The other cool gig is a free show tomorrow (Saturday), at the Central Park Bandshell! I'll be playing with soul singer Sandra Small. We go on at 2:30 - it's an all day festival with a bunch of acts. The band is made up of the best of NYC, and it's some really funky stuff!

So come one, come all, and fun will be had!

2. thejrace

thejrace

Oct 3, 2008
    NYC
    Don't think i'm doing anything next saturday. I'll try and be there, but geez, UES?? i hate the green line. I most likely be there though, gotta try a support a fellow tber when I can.

3. undeadbass

undeadbass

Jun 27, 2008
    New York, NY
    Yeah, I try to stay off the green line as much as possible as well!
    Where in Queens are you? I'm in Jackson Heights myself.
    Thanks for the support!

4. thejrace

thejrace

Oct 3, 2008
    NYC
    Cool, even more motivation, a fellow queens lad. I'm down in Woodhaven.

5. undeadbass

undeadbass

Jun 27, 2008
    New York, NY
    Word on Woodhaven - my guitarist's girlfriend lives in Woodhaven!

Today's wet show was awesome. Raining like crazy, but I was at the Central Park Bandshell, so mostly covered by the rain. Went well.

See you all at the Ego show!