1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NYC Oak Room Gigspam

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by bribass, May 9, 2010.

1. bribass

bribass

Jan 25, 2006
    Northern NJ
    Endorsing Artist; Arnold Schnitzer/ Wil DeSola New Standard RN DB
    The Oak Room presents The Johnny Rodgers Band "What A Wonderful World"

FOR 3 WEEKS MAY 11th thru MAY 29th

Shows Tues thru Sat.

1 show at 8:30 T,W,Th / 2 Shows at 8:30 AND 11 on Fri & Sat

In the historic Oak Room at the Alqonquin Hotel

59 West 44th Street
    New York, NY

The original songs of award winning singer-songwriter - pianist Johnny Rodgers are creating new standards as some of today's best, spanning romantic ballads to infectious Pop melodies to stirring piano driven Rock, American Roots and Jazz- The JRB have quickly become a favorite on the New York, Chicago, East Coast and Florida music scenes and have been garnering fans nationally with their music and dynamic live stage shows- Now their music is going international, the JRB was recently selected to be 2010 American musical ambassadors abroad on the Rhythm Road by Jazz at Lincoln Center and the US State Department- Fresh from their triumphant run at the Colony in Palm Beach, FL the JRB have been invited to bring their infectious brand of American music back home to NYC for a 3 week run at this historic, intimate and prestigious venue. Come hear what the buzz is about!

Johnny Rodgers - Piano / Vocals
    Brian Glassman - Upright Bass
    Joe Ravo - Guitar
    Danny Mallon - Drums

Reservations, call 212.419.9441 or email bmcgurn@algonquinhotel.com

2. bribass

bribass

Jan 25, 2006
    Northern NJ
  3. Jake deVilliers

Jake deVilliers Commercial User

May 24, 2006
    Crescent Beach, BC
    Owner of The Bass Spa, String Repairman at Long & McQuade Vancouver
    Hey Bri, that's a pretty nice review - and in the Times no less! Congratulations man! :)

4. bribass

bribass

Jan 25, 2006
    Northern NJ
    THNX Jake! Much appreciated.

I'm gonna send you some new trax I just recorded w/ John Carlini & Don Stiernberg when I get ahold of them.

Hope you're well, Bri

5. Uncletoad

Uncletoad

May 6, 2003
    Columbus Ohio
    Proprietor Fifth Avenue Fret Shop. Technical Editor Bass Gear Magazine
    Good gig, good press. Sucks to be you.

6. Hey Congratulations. I played the Oak Room for a year straight after a two week run and a great review from Stephen Holden. Use every bit of it to your advantage. This kind of thing goes a long way towards securing some top gigs and raising your price a bit. Also, it's the damn Oak Room which has lovely dry acoustics and a listening audience. Have a ball.

7. Jake deVilliers

Jake deVilliers Commercial User

May 24, 2006
    Crescent Beach, BC
    Owner of The Bass Spa, String Repairman at Long & McQuade Vancouver
    Hey, thanks - I'll look forward to that!
    Things are going well here - family's good, work to do, weather's perfect, cars are running... :)

8. bribass

bribass

Jan 25, 2006
    Northern NJ
    Thnx, guys! Yes, Jason I was there in '06 for 6 weeks w/ Karen Akers, but that was w/o drums. This gig is a Qrt w/ drums and the polite atmosphere is making us keep our stage volume nice & acoustic. Pn is not even miked. Prescott sounds great in there. Using Focus & Wizzy 10 as a personal monitor and miking the bass in the house. For audience sight lines we're sandwiched together in a kinda wacky stage plot, but it's working out..

9. bribass

bribass

Jan 25, 2006
    Northern NJ
  10. Uncletoad

Uncletoad

May 6, 2003
    Columbus Ohio
    Proprietor Fifth Avenue Fret Shop. Technical Editor Bass Gear Magazine
    "a feel-good selection of take-home tunes guaranteed to pep up the most dyspeptic cynic."

"Dyspeptic cynic". That's fat platter of New York City bullpoopiee right there.

Great press.

Spin that old bitch. She loves it.