1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NYC rock/metal fans - advice please...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Rusty Chainsaw, Apr 1, 2009.

1. I am feeling the need to get out more, and since NYC isn't all that far away, I think I need to take more advantage of it. Let's face it, there's not much worth doing in Jersey. :)

So, I'm looking for some advice on clubs and pubs to go in NYC, Brooklyn, etc where I can find loud rock/metal music (live or DJ'd), good beer and nice people?

All suggestions are welcome! :D

2. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Trashbar, Arlenes Grocery, etc will probably be high on your list.

3. Watch for tickets to B.B. King's Blues club. They have some major rock/metal bands come through there.

B.B.King's Schedulehttp://www.bbkingblues.com/schedule/index.shtml

Saxon's playing May 19th and Dethklok's Brendon Small is doing something this Friday.

4. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I saw Dub Trio when I was in NYC last time I was there. They're local. They played at the Mercury Lounge in SoHo. Not exactly metal, but not exactly dub either. You might like. Get Village Voice and start scoping stuff out.

5. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Mercury Lounge is pretty good. Don't forget Webster Hall, Roseland Ballroom, Limelight, The Bowery Ballroom, etc. Not strictly metal venues but you'll see metal and rock bands all the time.

6. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    what sort of metal are we talking?

7. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Cadmium