Nylon electric acoustic guitars

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Steve S, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    I'm looking for a nylon string electric acoustic guitar that doesn't have the wide fingerboard as the classical guitars. Any suggestions? I'm looking to spend around $1,000.

2. ghiadub

ghiadub

Jan 17, 2006
    Auburn, CA
    Godin makes a narrow one, the model I have has synth access. They go pretty cheap on the bay.

3. Ibanez makes one or two- IIRC they have one at like 3 bills, so I'd guess they make a nicer one too.

4. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    Which model do you have? Musician's Friend has the ACS-SA that looks good.

5. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    The one Carvin offers is pretty nice, it's about 1200 bucks. Been eyeing that one a lot.

The Godin Multiac (?) is pretty awesome too, played a few and they were consistent. A little unorthodox looks-wise, but great necks. Not recalling the price range.

There's the mid-level Epiphone sst classic (@350) that comes in two nut widths as well, sounds decent, but could benefit from a new undersadlle pickup. I say this because I have one.
    Needed a tweak of setup at the bridge, but the pre is a tad weak. I know, damned with faint praise but it does what i need it to.

6. Jhengsman

Jhengsman

Oct 17, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    The Yamaha NTX series?

7. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Music related posts go in Miscellaneous. Watch the closing door.....

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021