Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nylon Hair Bow Report!

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by Kat_Mia, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Kat_Mia

Kat_Mia Guest

May 7, 2004
    Dorset, UK
    Well, I used it but I used on my bass which I'm not 100% happy with at the moment so...I'm going to take it to school and have a play on monday! :D I like it though, played my audition piece which I have to play in 3 weeks! :rollno: I don't currently have a horse hair bow, my friend borrowed mine and broke it which is why I have a new one, so think I'll have a play at school tomorrow and see what I think. :)

2. Boomfala

Boomfala

Jun 23, 2004
    Thanx for the report!
    Good Luck on you audition! I'm sure it will go smoothly.
    Jason

3. Kat_Mia

Kat_Mia Guest

May 7, 2004
    Dorset, UK
    I'm going to play 'The Elephant' from 'Carnival of the Animals' I love that piece! ;)

4. Wyzird05

Wyzird05

Dec 1, 2003
    South Bend, IN
    What style bow do you play?

5. Kat_Mia

Kat_Mia Guest

May 7, 2004
    Dorset, UK
    French. Used ti today and I like it, think I will keep it nylon.

6. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    In my experience, sticky rosin (like Poooops), applied generously, saves your a$$ when it comes to synthetic bow hair. Bear in mind this was 100,000 years ago, so maybe the technology is better now. I've never had much luck making music with them, but if it's working for you, more power to you. Good luck on the audition, let us know how it went.

7. Kat_Mia

Kat_Mia Guest

May 7, 2004
    Dorset, UK
    Will do *wibble* :(

8. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    http://www.houghi.org/jargon/wibble.php

Had to look it up, bleedin' yank is I. A right lorry load o' terminology over there. (Sorry, Kat)

Not to be confused with Weebles, which wobble but they don't fall down.