1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Oakland bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ulvs, Jul 23, 2007.

1. ulvs

ulvs

Aug 7, 2004
    Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone could help me identifying this bass. I googled 'oakland bass', 'oakland musical instruments', etc. and found no information. The seller is writing that it's "made in USA, active, long fretboard, dimarzio pickups". He's saying that he bought the bass in 1990' when some Australian bigband made their last performance in Moscow. He bought it for 1200$ (I guess he's meaning american dollars). And now he's selling it for approx. 790$. What do you think of his offer?

Here's how the bass looks:
    oaklandbass.

Thanks

P.S.
    Sorry, bad english.

2. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    $790 is to much for the bass, if you're interested in the bass you shouldn't spend no more than $350 for it(because it has what looks like none standard electronics) and you say how do I know from just looking at the pic well the bass looks like it's in the S.D. Curlee,Vantage,and some of the made in Japan Japanese series brands and at this point the qaulity is about the same from what the bass looks like in the pic even though the S.D.Curlees did have Dimarzio pickups in some of the models.

3. geogarfield

geogarfield

Feb 7, 2011
    Hi
    I actually own this exact same bass. I have bought it second hand form a guy in Amsterdam who had bought from another dude in Germany, etc ... I have been trying to find more about this instrument for years now and so far nothing. The brand Oakland does not return much in Google, and the serial number of my bass says 0000008 so I doubt there were millions of them made. Did you end up buying it ?

4. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    I believe they were made in the US, in the 1980s.
    The owner of The Dudepit forum, Steve 'Dude' Barr, had one, and sold it a few years back to someone who I believe is a member of TB. Hopefully they will check in.

5. kuki758

kuki758

Aug 22, 2010
    Croatia
    i ve played in sunday with similar bass only this bass hadnt duble pickups-just one line and electronic was passive