Oakland Gone Fretless!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Aussiephoenix, May 2, 2005.

1. [​IMG]

For something that started out as a TERRIBLE refretting job (by previous owner) and years of abused neck due to extreme tightening on the trussrod, the Guitar-Wizard that I handed this to sure made it come back to life again. the fretboard is real nice now, and its special electronics and neckthrough construction make it sing like no other bass I have.

BA wishes it was his. lol. Truly one of a kind and I'll never sell it.
  2. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Looking good dude, must try it sometime :)
  3. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Mmmm, I don't think I've ever seen a bass quite like it! I love the look of the bridge, very swanky. What's the unique part about the electronics? I gotta say, the knobs and switch are intriguing, considering there's only one pickup!
  4. Well, the middle knob is actually a 7 position switch that works kindof like a variax... except this thing is totally passive. and the way it works is by having each position connecting to a diferent combination of various resistances (or capacitors or something) ... actually, you know what? have a look yourself...

the miniswitch is a coil tap. major Umph when on.
  5. rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Pretty cool that! I like the way the knobs are numbered... almost makes it look like a "bass for dummies" :D
  6. hehe... well, I dont really like that that much either, might change them later to some pearl tops or something...