Obligatory "I've got a new bass" thread - Skyline 55-02

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MKS, Mar 7, 2004.

1. This bass has been brought to you by Lakland, Gard and the letters "BC" and "BA"
  2. Congrats dude! I love that natural look with the maple board. Very classy.
  3. Cliff Bordwell

Cliff Bordwell Commercial User

Jan 6, 2004
    USA , Orlando , Florida
    Owner of CB BASSES
  4. JerseyFunk

Jan 8, 2004
    Sweet dude. Congrats.

Gard is shipping my 55-02 Deluxe tomorrow. I'm hoping to get it before the end of the week. :hyper:
  5. Very cool! Although all of my new basses are brought to me by the letters V,I,S & A.... ;)
  6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Nice. Congrats on the new bass. From what I have heard, those Skylines are killer basses for the money.

Hopefully in the next few weeks I will be posting the same type of thread. It is time for something new......... ;)
  7. Yeah I should probably add the letters "MC".

Didn't have time to post last night - too jet-lagged, but I picked up the bass in the US when I was over on vacation last week, and transported it home yesterday. I bought a hard shell case with it, and packed in this, and with the gigbag as extra padding the bass seems to have survived the transatlantic flight without any problems. The Lakland HSC is *very* good. It holds the neck very securely. The case was packed inside its cardboard box from Lakland, and so had extra padding on the outside.

And the good news is that even after paying duty and VAT on the import I saved something like £400 (~$800!) on the UK RRP! Nice deal!

Thanks to Gard for his patience in arranging the deal.

I'll post a review when I get a chance to try it out in earnest.