1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Obligatory new member intro spiel

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by DWCJR, Jun 4, 2014.

1. DWCJR

DWCJR

Jun 3, 2014
    Greetings,
    I have been a long-time lurker (well, not that long). I play guitar and mandolin and a bit of bass. It is the "bit of bass" I am looking to change, and I find joining online communities and the accompanying dialogues useful. I am primarily an upright player. Right now most of my bass playing is confined to once a week lessons and participation in a weekly jam session, but I am always looking to expand my horizons... and one way I am doing that is through taking up bass guitar in addition to upright.

Thanks for listening.

DC

2. Welcome to our World. Often thought of purchasing an upright, but, my hobby budget is on retirement with me. The switch from 6 string guitar to bass is not that hard, however, the two instruments are played differently. As I'm sure going from the upright to the electric bass would be also.

Be interesting to hear from you on how this is going.

Again, welcome.

3. Greetings