Obligatory topic - Rush in Montreal!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jenderfazz, Aug 22, 2004.

1. I just got back. What an amazing show! Flawless music, great sound, incredible lighting (lasers!), and some nice little videos on the big screen. They opened the show with a medley of the first songs on all their albums (Finding My Way, Anthem, Bastille Day, Passage to Bangkok, Cygnus X-1, Hemispheres) and their first full song was Spirit of Radio. Right away, they played Force Ten and Animate, among others. I was glad to hear those songs since I hadn't heard live versions of either. Other highlights include Neils drum solo, Alex was hilarious during La Villa, and the Thunderbirds-ish video at intermission was amazing! The guy at the beginning and end of the show was pretty funny too. The laser show was insane during Red Sector A! Of course the guys themselves were flawless, Geddy was great, Alex really impressed me, Neil was Neil, and the acoustic set was very sweet (Heart Full of Soul acoustic was very nice indeed). Over 3 and a half hours, I'd estimate, these guys know how to rock! My friends and I killed our voices from all the singing along, what a memorable show.

Oh, Sargebaker, I had tickets in the 300s, which I bought half an hour after they went on sale. They sold out the floors and reds in 15 mins apparently. It was still a good view, we were at 320 BB which was basically facing the stage. Far, but still good. Looking forward to your opinions on the show! Who else went?