1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

obligatos on a 1/2 size?

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by delbass, Dec 22, 2003.

1. delbass

delbass

Sep 9, 2003
    Albany, NY
    Hi-
    Anyone have any experience with putting Obligatos on a half sized bass? Will they work? I'm thinking of buying a "large" 1860 tyrollian half sized bass. The string length is appox. 39 1/2. These are my new favorite strings!
    -delbass

2. I used to have Obligatos on a ½ size I owned. Great strings for both pizz. & arco - take a bit of time to settle down though - constantly re-tuning for the first couple of weeks, but very stable once they settle down. I still use Obligatos on my currnet basses.

- Wil

3. delbass

delbass

Sep 9, 2003
    Albany, NY
    Wil-
    Thanks for the reply. I have them on my plywood now and they ARE great for pizz and arco. They did take a while to settle down though. I noticed that they didn't make a half size set so I was wondering if they would work on a half size. Thanks!

4. Although the OP disappeared from Talkbass, I thought other people might like to know Obligatos are now also available in 1/2 size sets.