Obscure places to find reference notes

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SpankBass, Sep 1, 2002.

1. The dial tone of a phone is A. Anyone else have any strange places to find a reference note?
  2. mans0n

Jun 15, 2002
    wonder what the tone is for the emergancy alert system

doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot this is a test dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot this concludes the test
  3. My tinnitus is a very, very high A. LOL!
  4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I live near the office court.
    The bell rings every 15 minutes. It's a D.
  5. I heard that the A from a phone is actually closer to A=430 than A=440. Anyone know if this is true?
  6. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    AFAIK, the dial tone in the US is 440 Hz, but 400 Hz in Germany for example. Other countries may use different frequencies too.
  7. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    When Windows Millenium shuts down, the last tone is middle C.

As far as I remember, anyhow.
  8. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    the lights in the band room @ school hum at a sharp Bb or a really flat B. our bell @ school is a Bb. thats all i can think of right now.
  9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    My friend's car horn is an Eb.
  10. I heard on one of those useless information e-mails that we all get from friends and family, that most western car horns are Fs. Haven't tested that out yet though, I can only imagine what the neighbors will say when its 12:00 midnight and I'm honking the horn trying to tune my bass.