1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Obscure Washburn - any insight?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DominicL, Mar 5, 2013.

1. DominicL

DominicL

Mar 5, 2013
    UK
    Hi there
    Just joined talkbass - I'm reviving my interest after a long layoff and thought I'd start with a question: does anybody recognise this?

I've had it a while, but it's only recently come back out of the case. The few Washburn Force 42 pictures I've seen show solid paint - so I don't know if the through neck and sandwich wings were standard.

Also, this control layout is different: the switches and master volume work but the other two add minimal interest to proceedings.

If there are any '80s Washburn experts out there who know this model, it would be good to hear from you.
    Thanks
    Dominic

Attached Files:

2. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Never seen one before, looks familiar tho. Doesn't Status make one like that out of graphite?

3. digitalmoney

digitalmoney

Nov 13, 2011
    Appleton WI
  4. DominicL

DominicL

Mar 5, 2013
    UK
    Thanks for the responses.

Washburn collaborated with Status and made a bass with Status hardware, pick-ups & circuitry: same shape, but wood not graphite. It seems the Force 42 was their home grown successor to the Washburn Status, but information on it is a bit thin on the ground.

Dominic

5. ronaldpdbrandt

ronaldpdbrandt Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Suffolk County, NY
  6. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Washburn Status IV IIRC.

I remember them from magazines in the '80's. Wish I had one, they still give me GAS after all these years.