1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Obvious question ...

Discussion in 'Sadowsky Basses' started by marchone, May 4, 2010.

1. marchone

marchone

Nov 30, 2009
    NYC
    ... or just call it dumb if it's already been addressed:

Doesn't this new forum kill the Club Sadowsky threads in the Basses forum?

Or perhaps move it here for convenience?

2. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

I hope not. Cool to have both going.

Rob

3. Ronen

Ronen

Feb 9, 2003
    Milky Way Galaxy
    Frankly I don't see the use for the old club thread system to continue as everything could (and will) be covered here. I think a sticky thread with links to all old Sadowsky club threads will be good.
    Just IMO here.

4. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    New York City
    Owner: Sadowsky Guitars Ltd.
    I would like to defer to Fran Diaz on this......

The only reason I would not rush to change it is I am doing the Sadowsky Forum on a trial basis. I will not make a decision until May 31 if I will keep it going.

Roger

5. Cory

Cory

May 16, 2004
    TEXAS
    please keep it going!

6. TimothyGroovy

TimothyGroovy Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 3, 2000
    Hong Kong
    Owner: Uni••Sound Endorsing Artist: La Bella Strings
    +1

7. +2

8. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Bassist
    Roger,

It's not really my club. In fact, it's yours :) so whatever you decide after May 31 is fine with me.

IMO, there is no reason to keep the Club Sadowsky threads if we have a dedicated forum where we don't 'talk all at the same time' but keep 'private' conversations about different aspects of the Sadowsky world without interferences with each other. The forum is a much better organized place with easier access to all the information.

Regarding club numbers, if it's OK with you, we can keep assigning them or if you prefer it we can 'let them go'.

9. I think a benefit of any Sadowsky thread in the main Bass section is there are always players who have not heard of Sadowsky and might look for "what bass should I buy next" in that main section. They might not necessarily click on this sponsored forum. So keeping some life over there would bring new recruits here.

Does that make any sense?

10. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    New York City
    Owner: Sadowsky Guitars Ltd.
    I think Jim makes an excellent point!!!

R

11. marchone

marchone

Nov 30, 2009
    NYC
    FWIW, I agree. Trying to search for information previously posted that has now been fixed here was tedious at best.

A link to this forum can be easily put in the Club Sadowsky thread to satisfy those that would prefer to maintain it in the general Basses forum. JimS makes a good case for it.

Marshalling topics to this forum from the Club Sadowsky threads though (as Roger did with fingerboards and chambering) will continue to be a task for you guys.

Usage will naturally determine what is best. Let it ride for awhile and see what happens. There are a lot of sharp minds here.