1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

OC-2 mod kits?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Chaddycakes, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Anyone know of anybody selling OC-2 mod kits so I can get some cooler tones like square waves? I ran a google search and didn't find any.

2. Jordan S.

Jordan S.

Mar 25, 2012
    NSW, Australia
    Blacksheep Effects Pedals
  3. Skrogh

Skrogh

Jan 28, 2010
    Denmark
    If you just want the square wave, all you need is some wire, if you want a gate on it too, you will need a resistor and a trimpot too. There are some schematics in the link libanezsr posted towards the end for the gate. If you have questions feel free to ask away

4. yes you don't need a kit, in my case it was just add some switches.

I was just thinking about this actually. Was thinking of rehousing an OC-2 so that it would be top mounted, then realized that I could add the square wave mod like I did to my previous OC-2 (MIT). However, this time I think I would only do it to the second octave down; the reason being that on bass two octaves lower is pretty useless anyway. Check the schematic and then just add you switches in the correct place.

I highlighted it in the video clip I did for this mod. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67PJ61wbkis