1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ocd jhs prescription mod

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by wattsman, Apr 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. wattsman

wattsman Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Texas
    hi guys,

I used to have an ocd but sold it because I didnt like the low end loss. Now im understanding that perhaps it was the version i had. I want to get me a new one, so im wondering if i should spend the money on a v1 or v3 or get a cheap v4 and get the jhs mod.

Anyone has tried the prescription mod or have any recommendation?

Thanks

2. Pacodelivery

Pacodelivery

May 25, 2014
    Baltimore
    Get a fuzzrocious demon instead?

CHILDISHGAMBINO and rratajski like this.
  3. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    This is the answer you seek.

rratajski likes this.
  4. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    ccp
    Get the Bedlam v2, can't beat the price...

Bedlam Drive V2

They show as being sold out. email Ryan about it.

gregmon79 and CHILDISHGAMBINO like this.
  5. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    rratajski likes this.
  6. Grab a Cog Knightfall. Or any of the above choices. All better than anything JHS.

nshuman likes this.
  7. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I'd like to know what this JHS mod is you're talking about @wattsman.

I've tried a lot of OCD variants because it's one of my fav ods. I just rebought a v4 recently. But the low end loss is too great. As usual. I'm glad I got it back. But it would be nice to be able to use it. I don't even really like it through a blender. But anyway, the one I've had the most luck with at the big game bedlam drive. That thing kills. Low end is enhanced with it too. The bedlam is the one I'd go after if I were you.

I've even had a clone built of the fulltone OCD with better bass response. But the thing is, I think, that when you mess with the OCD to get better bass response, it's seems to mess with the flavor of the pedal I like so much. I'd love to have the fulltone modded because I think it's THE OCD. It just sucks your low end right out. I had a demon too at one time. I didn't end up liking it that much. But that was a long time ago so I could love it now if I tried one.....

8. MGR

MGR Banned

Jan 18, 2015
    Bronx, NY
    Just buy my Bedlam V1 in the classifieds now. Nice amount of low end and it has that OCD grind with the ability to go much further too.

9. wattsman

wattsman Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Texas
    Cool, i think i will go that route. Still i wonder if anyone tried the jhs mod