Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ocean's 11 soundtrack

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by Danny Adair, Dec 17, 2001.

1. Recently saw this flick and liked it a lot. Nothing too introspective or thought-provoking, but I doubt that anyone was trying to out-do Citizen Kane.

The soundtrack was also very cool - the "score" consisted of Robert Hurst playing some funky riffs along with guitarist Chris Dawkins and percussionists Zach Danziger and Hugo Nicholson. Again, nothing too mind-blowing, but it's fun, funky, and Hurst's bass sounds fantastic.

2. I just saw this movie for the first time, and although the movie was good....

The soundtrack is too cool for words!! The bass playing and DB tone are intoxicating.

b

3. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    I love Bob Hurst. His solo album finds its way onto my CD player often.

4. What album is that? Is the music similar to the soundtrack?

thx,

b

5. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    I haven't seen the flick; I'll check that out this weekend. The CD is called "Robert Hurst Presents Robert Hurst", and it's kind of a hard bop thing, with Branford Marsalis, Marcus Belgrave, Jeff Watts, etc. Nice writing, reminds me a bit of Tony Williams' stuff. It's from a few years ago.

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I went out and got on your recomendation....

Very nice indeed.

7. One of my favorite CD ever ! I highly recommand. Can't wait for Ocean's 12 in december !