Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Oceans Eleven

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by keithconn, May 28, 2002.

1. Is it just me, or does this sound track have some GOOD bass in it? I was watching the movie last night, and I have the VCR hooked up to the sterio(so the sound is really good) Well the bass coming out of that movie was impressive!

The movie was ok, but what about the bass? Does anyone have this sound track, and is it as good as it seems it would be?

Later -
    K.:D

2. I was actually watching Ocean's Eleven yesterday on DVD and I came to the same conclusion. I thought the bass lines were so cool, at one point I stopped the movie so I could grab my fretless and play along. :p

3. Yeah, I noticed the bass in Ocean's Eleven was well cool in parts, although I dont have the soundtrack either. I noticed the same thing in Romeo Must Die, in fact it almost made up for the fact that the actual movie sucked :p.

4. I was talking to someone the other day about how great the bass lines were in that movie. Very funky.

5. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    This is odd... I to was watching Ocean's Eleven yesterday and I was thinking the same thing. I didnt think the tone was that greatl but I did take note of the coolness.

6. Well, when i saw the movie, and went straight out and bought the soundtrack. David Holmes (i think thats who it is) is great, his work on Soderberghs other film Out of Sight, is also brilliant.

He is an irish DJ and producer guy.

And most of the bass is double bass as well, i think he is a great composer cos he writes in that 60s style so well in a contemporary way

sim

7. farboozle

farboozle

Apr 18, 2000
    Fairfax VA
    The soundtrack is great. Maybe a little too much dialogue from the movie, but oh well. Unfortunately, it got ripped off from my car.

8. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    David Holmes (man responsible for the soundtrack) has a new mix album out on his own new label. It's called 'Come Get It. I Got It', and it's great. Lot's of old obscure soul, blues and funk, all mixed up with tracks by something called the Free Association (basically, funky music with all sorts of strange spoken words over the top).

Highly recommended!