1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

octabass hum/hiss

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Musicfreak1988, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Musicfreak1988

Musicfreak1988

Feb 2, 2005
    Belgium
    Hello,

I recently bought an EBS Octabass pedal. It's fine pedal and does the job, but when in bypass, a background hum/hiss appears. I took it out the chain and plugged it in seperately, but it kept on humming when in bypass.

Here are a few clips of the problem (fretless, open G-string)

Here's the clean signal (bass -> computer) http://www.mediafire.com/?3oj5zmuj10d

And here's the problem (bass -> octabass -> computer) http://www.mediafire.com/?aet0hf0mlpd

Any ideas? Should I sell the pedal or buy an NS-2?

Thanks!

2. sikamikanico

sikamikanico

Mar 17, 2004
    how do you power it? if it's battery powered, then I guess you have a bad unit... otherwise, try it with a battery first, before doing anything else...

maybe someone else can give you more info/advice, though I'm almost 100% that it should be silent...

3. Musicfreak1988

Musicfreak1988

Feb 2, 2005
    Belgium
    I tried it with an adapter and with a battery and the noise appears with either.
    It's dead silent when it's on, though.

4. sikamikanico

sikamikanico

Mar 17, 2004
    you could build a looper for it, though I'd try another one to see if it is just yours, because I don't think that is a common problem... from what I've heard (and experienced), EBS makes good pedals...

5. Hmm, not often you hear of noise in bypass mode! If you can, exchange it or send it for repairs under warranty.

6. I second that, mine doesn't make any noise at all no matter in what mode it is and at the price it's going for it shouldn't anyways.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 20, 2021