1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Octave down recommendation

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RS, Mar 23, 2009.

1. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Is there a general consensus on the best/fav octave pedal? I might be in the market for one. One that tracks well, and sound less synth-y than a Boss OC-2/3?

Thanks,

RS

2. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Wait for the new MXR Bass Octave Deluxe to come it, then we'll give you an answer.

3. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    When is that due out?

4. Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Feb 8, 2006
    Mexico
    Boss OC-2 its good why don't you like it? I've heard that the EBS its the most natural sounding

5. scotch

scotch It's not rocket science! Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Albany, NY USA
    Please see Profile for Endorsement disclosures
    If you want less "synthy", try out a less-synthy analog octaver such as the EBS Octabass, the new MXR Bass Octave Deluxe (it has been released, but not all stores will have it yet) or Ampeg Sub-Blaster.

If you don't "dig" the tracking anomalies inherent with an analog octaver, then consider trying an EH POG or Micro POG...

6. 5stringwonder

5stringwonder

Sep 24, 2006
    Singapore
    Foxrox Octron. Track pretty well.

7. mutron octave divider, foxrox octron, or ampeg sub-blaster.

8. Micro POG, nothing comes close in tracking. But it sounds synthy :(

9. Hyper-sloth

Hyper-sloth Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    I didn't like the tracking on the EBS at all,so I sold it. I am awaiting the MXR deluxe as well. Has anyone tried the Ashdown Sub Octave Plus? I had an Ashdown head a few years back and really liked the octave knob on the head. It was very smooth and subtle. Actually a little too subtle: I like the synth sound for soloing. It did fill out the sound nicely though.