Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Octave Multiplexor Issues

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Moreau, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Moreau

Moreau

Jan 3, 2006
    Canada
    Hello,
    I have an EHX Octave Multiplexor and its causing me some worry. Is it normal for a note to change pitch about 1-2 seconds after hitting it? Im travelling, so I am unable to record anything for you, but it goes DOOOOOO-dooooo kinda. like its not a constant ringing note until the sustain runs out. The EHX guy I emailed said it was normal, but wasnt sure if this was true. Anyone else have the same issue? Thanks

2. Is this on low notes only or right across the neck? Have you tried a new battery/power supply?

If it's like other octave pedals, then that is normal, provided it only happens on low notes where the unit has trouble keeping track of the note it's trying to detect. Sustained low notes are the worst for this problem, but depending on the subtleties of your bass (such as pickups and output level) it may happen in a different way to other basses.

With my Boss OC-2 I can reliably track notes down to about A on the E string, G on a really good day.