1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Octave pedal decision

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Rojd, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Rojd

Rojd Supporting Member

May 29, 2018
    Rocky Mountains
    I'm looking to add an octave pedal, and have narrowed it down to the MXR M288 Bass Octave Deluxe & the MXR Sub Octave Bass Fuzz. I already have a Wampler LowBlow Overdrive/Distortion, so I don't know if the Sub Octave bass Fuzz will be redundant. There seems to be great reviews and adherents for both pedals. Opinions? Thanks!

2. saabfender

saabfender Banned

Jan 10, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Tough to have an opinion about an instrument if we don't know what kind of music/musicians are involved. Without context, it's just a pricey box.

3. Stevorebob

Stevorebob Well... I Am Here, Aren't I? Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    If you don’t need the fuzz, get the BOD.

4. Rojd

Rojd Supporting Member

May 29, 2018
    Rocky Mountains
    Yeah, that's what I was leaning toward.

5. One can never have too much fuzz.

6. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Chamonix Mont-Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    There are so many better octaves and so many better fuzzes but you do you boo

7. I had the Mxr Sub octave and fuzz pedal, had a hard time with volume. I ended up with a Aguilar Filter Twin and a MXR Bass Overdrive, and I love it easy and I like easy. IMG_20181008_204115737.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  8. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    Valeton OC-10. Best budget octave out there.

jazznrick likes this.