Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Octave Pedal for Bass? High Octave.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Evangion, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Evangion

Evangion

Jun 22, 2005
    Am looking for an octave pedal that does one octave higher instead of the usual low ones on the market. Anybody has any recommendations? Can't seem to find one on the market.

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Digitech Whammy does that function as well as about 15 others.

3. Evangion

Evangion

Jun 22, 2005
  4. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    again another vote for the digitech whammy.

I believe there was a threa dlike this about a week ago.

The akai unibass would also work as would a boss pitch shifter ps-3 I think the model is.

Hope this helps

5. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
  6. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

It seems cool but over 300 for an octaver ?

7. tanuki

tanuki Bass Minotaur

Dec 13, 2004
    bristol, england
    what about the electro harmonix bass micro synth?, that does both, if you set the filter sweep flat you can just use the pedals sub octave, high octave as soounds, also you have a whole load of places to go

its easy to dismiss this pedal as a crazy noise machine but subtle use of the effects can save you a whole pedal budjet!

8. thunder-pick

thunder-pick

Jun 9, 2005
    The Boss PS-5 Super shifter goes up or down 2 octaves.

9. hervetlse

hervetlse

Jan 25, 2002
    france toulouse
    if you just want an octave up, the only one i know that is analog is the octavia, i've got the Danelectro french toast octavia, there are others companies that make octavia (dunlop, roger mayer, voodoo lab, fulltone and so on). This effect was used by jimi hendrix on the album "band of gypsies". Withe almost every octavia (and octavers) it's better to play single notes with it, chords don't work very well. :bassist:

10. MAGUS®

MAGUS®

Dec 23, 2004
    UK
    Time to be grateful for being born in the land of plenty. In the consumer rip off world that we call the UK, the POG is over $500 :help: