1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Octave Pedal: Help me choose

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by LowEnder2112, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Hi, i'm planning on getting an octave pedal sometime soon, and I've narrowed it down to my three choices:

The Boss OC-2 Octave
    The Boss OC-3 Super Octave
    or the MXR Bass Octave

i'd like to get one at a good price 100$-
    if you have any experience with these pedals, help is much appreciated.

or reccomend a better one, but not the micro pog, as im not prepared to spend that much for an octave pedal. ;)

2. I recently bought the MXR bass octave, and so far its tracked everything I have thrown at it clearly down to the open A. I love the tone from it and overall it was a good purchase for me :)

3. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    OlyWA...
    I have the MXR and the OC-3. I like the sound of the MXR MUCH better, it is my favorite sounding octave.

4. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    The OC-2 sounds good but on mine at least the tracking, especially on low notes, is pretty lousy (my BMS tracks much better). Two octaves down is nice to have though.

5. tommyje

tommyje

May 10, 2006
    ebs octabass.
    I read this pedal out, but it is still my favourite.

6. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    It's well over $100, though. :meh:

I'm surprised the EHX Octave Multiplexer isn't on that list! The old one is huge, but the new one is tiny and board-friendly. Sounds great, too. You can tailor the sound of the sub-octave using two different filter controls. It also has one odd mode which is dirty, a bit glitchy, and overall gnarly. ;)

7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    <$50 used all the time....

DOD FX35 Octoplus

8. JohnDavisNYC

JohnDavisNYC

Jan 11, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar, D'Addario
    BOSS OC2 is my jam. to me that one is the best octave pedal ever... BUT... my taste and application is maybe a bit different than most people's...

john

9. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    The Boss OC-2 is the standard by which other octave pedals are judged. So, I wouldn't consider you to be totally off-base from the rest of us. ;)