octave/putting pedals in right order

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by scorpionldr, Sep 29, 2005.

1. so currently (if all goes as planned for tomorrow) i'm meeting up with a guy to buy an octave pedal. it's meant for guitar but it can give me an octave down and an octave up so i don't think i'll have many problems unless i hate the sound....i have heard people talking about tracking issues with octavers and some say put octave pedals in the front so they get the clearest part of your signal so they do a good job. i'm going ot be using the pedal (with my band) with my boss bass overdrive....so would i stick a cable into my bass, and then stick the other end into the octave pedal, and then send the out signal to the in of the overdrive?? i'm new to dealing with these things...please help
  2. mikeboth

mikeboth The last thing you'll ever see

Jun 14, 2002
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Operator: prophecysound systems
    What pedal is it (brand? model?).

Yup, you want to feed it with the most harmonically-pure tone to increase the chances of it tracking properly, so bass -> octave pedal -> overdrive would probably work best for you. Still, give it a shot with the overdrive first - you might like how it sounds!
  3. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    I use the Boss bass overdrive and Boss octive and plug into the overdrive first, then the octive with no problems.
  4. it's a boss octave pedal....thats really all the info i got.....i can get it for like 40 bucks, so i'm not going to be breaking the bank, just wanted to figure out the order these pedals should go in......for a semi tone freak will there be more signal loss adding another pedal?
  5. yes a little bit, will you notice it? Probably not.
  6. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I like to put my octaver first.