octave up ?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jon Burnet, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    i know there are a butt load of octave downers but do we know of any octave ups?
  2. Yes you can :)

I'm using this baby as an octaver :)

- It can go from -2 octaves to +2 octaves in 10 steps.. :)
    - It can detune your bass for drop-D with an EADG tuned bass ( very usefull :D )
    - dive-bomb !
    - tremelo-arm simulation
    - etc

it has NO tracking.. no matter how fast you play it keeps up, where other pedals will lose track if you play too fast.

3. how much will that set me back allo? Ive been thinking about one for a while now.
  4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

AKAI UB-1 Unibass. Fantastic effect.
  5. Wooooooowwww....

How much then?
  6. i could post some recordings later on this week..
  7. One could always get an 8 or 12-string....

Hate to disappoint, but methinks HiggySlap has the Unibass confused with the Akai Bass Synth in MF, unless he is referring to MF web: Their catalog doesn't have the Unibass. Very interesting stuff about the Boss pitch-shifter tho'...I seem to be developing another case of GAS.
  8. The link was for the Boss Super Shifter PS-5.
  9. King David

King David

Dec 13, 1999
    How is that Akai Unibass? I would love to try one out, but no one in town has it!
  10. Jazz Ad

Sorry for the terrible timing and playing. It was recorded on the fly, just back from work.
    I really love mine. No other pedal covers the same purposes.
  11. King David

King David

Dec 13, 1999
    I haven't checked out the clips just yet. I'll do it when I get home. I just wanted to say thanks!
  12. :D
  13. I thought that you'd get a kick out of that. :) Thank you www.xe.net !
  14. buju

Jan 1, 2003
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    Jazz Ad, could you re-post those recordings that don't work anymore? I'm curious to hear this...

Or if anyone knows where there are some sound samples.
  15. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I use two Boss digital pitch shifters. My PS-3 is set for an octave down, and my HR-2 (?) is set for an octave up. They track very well, and go much lower than an OC-2. I rarely go over 50% effected tone. Higher tones can sound digital mousy all by themselves, but sound great mixed w/a dry tone.

These pedals are good but digital. I GAS for analog, and check ebay frequently, but my band isn't making much $ now so I'll stick w/ 'em. They have much more capability than I use them for -- the PS-3 can get awesome chorus and the HR-2 can do all kinds of intelligent harmony shifting that isn't very useful on your average bass line. I do not like to tweak my pedalboard at shows, so most complicated pedals end up under-utilized.
  16. Jazz Ad

My FTP space is limited, so I took them off.
    You can listen to my sample from this site :

17. the digitech whammy pedals can do octave up harmonies but i wouldnt recommend the new ones... all the harmonies and detunes sound out out of tune to me...
  18. How does it do that then? It doesn't use a new pickup on your bass, so how does take just one string down like that?

Or does it just take it all down a tone, like your bass is tuned DGCF?