Octaver and distorsion

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Paolo, Jan 28, 2001.

1. Hi

What's the best octaver ?
    I can use a distorsion pedal for guitar on my bass ?

2. NJXT

Jan 9, 2001
    Lyon, FRANCE
    Not sure, but I doubt that the distorsion will handle nicely the low frequencies.
    I don't think you could blow anything but will it distorsed the lowest sounds ?

[Edited by NJXT on 01-28-2001 at 04:54 PM]
  3. =^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    I've just got an EBS octabass pedal and its real nice. Its almost twice the price of a similar boss pedal, but it will play an octave below low G without glitches - which is a lot lower than the boss pedal.

I used it last night live and the PA couldn't really handle the notes below low A (which was certainly interesting)

It looks nicely made, but my one moan is that the input is on the left rather than the right, so cables get a little twisted when I plug it into my boss bass chorus.

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    The EBS has the best tracking, but the BOSS OC-2 sounds much warmer IMO, try using a compressor in front of the BOSS to improve tracking...

Guitar or bass distortion? Doesn't really matter except for the individual distortion sound...try all models you can get your hands on - some guitar distortion pedals sound much better than those that are marketed as bass distortion...you might like to try a tube-driven unit like Hughes&Kettner's Tube Factor...
  5. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    ...or a Sans Amp Bass Driver...picked one up yesterday. Lovin' every minute of it!:cool:

Check out the thread by the same name...you'll see that many are excited by this thing! I now believe that it's one of the better distortion units on the market...
  6. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    I use a Dano Black Coffee Metal distortion pedal on my bass & notice a slight loss of low end but it still sounds good. I like the Dano Minis for small size & relatively inexpensive [30-40 per pedal]. Thats all