Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Octaver Schematics

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Diogo Melo, Nov 4, 2002.

1. I'm going to build my self an octave. Just wondering if any of you have the schematics for a EH Octave multiplexer or some other good octave I could build. Thanks!

2. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
  3. WOO!! I can mod my BMS now.

4. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    oh??? Do tell!!! Hey bigfeet, I can pick up a bbe sonic maximizer for 250 canadian (used) is that a good deal?..

Alex

5. I'm thinking of moding my EH BMS so I have a decay control for the amp section, I've just had trouble finding the schems. I may add a wave shape for the square wave generator too...
    Uh, you sort of hijacked this thread but I'll answer your question anyway... That's not really a good deal, you can buy one here new for $150 now, that's about 230 CAD.

6. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Well he hasn't responded yet so??! I say whatever, and I didn't do it alone :p you helped too!! But thanks for the head up, I thought it was a ripoff - time to do some haggling!.. thanks

Alex

:D

7. Just my luck...
    Not a single octave in that page...:(

Note to self: build EH BMS. :D

8. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Here's a schem for an Octave/Fuzz ( works well )
    Those transistors are Germanium pnp, but you should be able to use any PNP silicon transistor with a gain of around 80 - 100.
    You could change it to NPN if you reverse the voltage supply and the polarised components.

9. I still haven't found a nice, low octave pedal...
    cmon...:rolleyes:

10. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    one problem being... now that I am in the wiser, it would be e BIG build - plus waaaaay more expensive to build an octave... thay have some CRAZY chips in them...

Alex

11. If I was into building an octave down effect, this would be the one.

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/v2/index.php?option=displaypage&Itemid=87&op=page&SubMenu=

It's reported to track very well. The circuit is designed so that the divided (octave) signal dies out at a slightly faster rate than the note you're playing. So, the divided signal simply dissapears just before the point where you would start to hear the sputtering that is typical of other, poorly tracking octave effects.

Plus, the components sould be relatively easy to get your hands on. :)

~ Charlie