Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

OCTAVIA with bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Lateralus_, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Lateralus_

Lateralus_

Feb 26, 2005
    I don't really want a pedal that produces an octave lower. Instead of octave lower I wonder how a pedal that produces a sound that is an octave higher would sound with bass. Anyone try using the Roger Mayer Octavia or similar type effect with bass?

2. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    I use an octavia(type fuzz) all the time... The key is to have the gain up all the way, and then roll the gain back on your bass and play at the 12th fret and above. Also if you bass has a neck pickup - solo it...

I can send you a clip if you like..

Alex

3. Lateralus_

Lateralus_

Feb 26, 2005
    A sound clip of the octavia would be great. Is there a similar pedal by a different manufacturer? I almost purchased his vibe unit but purchased a Prescription Elecronics Vibe unit about a month ago. I love it. I run it through my amp's effects loop followed by a eq pedal mainly to boost the effects volume. I loose volume even when the pedal at max volume. With it some distortion or fuzz it sounds trippy.