Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

OD/Boost pedal???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by caesarbass, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    DOD 250, if you are on a budget.

BJF Blueberry, if you try to enjoy the finer things in life.

Both go from "is this thing on" to very overdriven. One is 50 bucks the other is five times that much. It all really depends on your budget and tonal preferences.

2. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
  3. Thanks guys. The Carl Martin pedal might be the answer, it's a little more expensive than the Vintage-FX pedal, but it might be worth the extra $$$.

4. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    do a little research before you buy, there are plenty of options in this dept. but if u do get it, give us a review after you have played around with it.

5. hervetlse

hervetlse

Jan 25, 2002
    france toulouse
    an advice, like Xan told it to you, please take your time, cause quite every brand has one boost/od to sell, me i chose the TS9, in the shop where i went there were the EBS multidrive and the TS9 and it seems that you american people think that EBS is like fulltone (for the prices i agree, even in europe they are expensive, a little less therefor) but the problem with their gear is that the demo sounds of the pedals are very good indeed but if you notice the amp head that is used to make these samples you understand that Marcus Miller uses this amp head but not many of the pedals mentioned when i saw him here in France two years ago, because what makes them sound great is the head, just hear the demo sounds of this head and you'll see why. In fact, when i tried the ebs multidrive and the ts9, it was like if the ebs was made of ice (so cold sounding) and the ts9 was so warm that my choice was done, i took the ts9 without any hesitation. but the ibanez ts9 isn't the only one that sounds good, my advice is to hear many OD, on their respective sites or in some on line shops with samples and to see what people think of these OD here and in harmony-central, let your ears make the choice for you. Hope this help.

6. hervetlse-good advice, one question: Does the TS9 do a clean boost also, or os it overdrive only? Also, is it a reissue, or the regular Ibanez TS9?
    Thanks.