1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

OD/Fuzz to push my ToneHammer Preamp/DI

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by maartendew, Feb 13, 2013.

1. maartendew

maartendew

Jan 30, 2013
    Montreal
    Hi all!

I'm an happy Aguilar ToneHammer Preamp/DI owner.

While I love the tone of it without the AGS on, I'm working on a tone with the AGS always on, with the gain set to 10 oclock~ for just a lil warmth.

I'd like to get another pedal Overdrive or fuzz, to push the AGS for a full blown Creamy saturated Disto.

I'm usually using a Bass Big Muff Pi for this, but since i never really got happy with it, i can't expect miracles. Still i'm not that far from what i'm looking for... The idea of using an OD + a fuzz came from a local artist here in Montreal that uses that on stage, except that his are custom made so I can't really replicate his rig. I really digged his sound tho! Fat and loud, saturated, yet pleasant to hear... Creamy is the word that comes to my mind...

Any good advice as to what i should use to get a fat distorted sound out of the Tonehammer with ags on?