1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

OD ID or equivalent

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by markanini, Jan 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. markanini

markanini

Jun 25, 2008
    I found an anonymously named "Overdrive2" effect in a 2007 Yamaha Magicstomp multi-effect pedal. It's a subtle OD, virtually undetectable in a mix. Very juicy and transparent. If you want to suggest any equivalent pedal based on my description or my audio clip below I would love to hear it.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  2. Blueberry style overdrive could get you close? I haven't had my coffee and I'm listening on my phone though......

Try Mad Professor Blueberry or Bearfoot Blueberry bass overdrive.

Someone else might have a better suggestion. What's your budget?

3. markanini

markanini

Jun 25, 2008
    Very exciting to learn about BJFE, I wasn't aware of these amazing sounding pedals. I could easily spend $100 for a used Blueberry. I'm open to DIY options also. I see EHX Bass Soul Food often mentioned next to Blueberry and I like it from what I hear in audio clips but it seems to be a different beast.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  4. I haven't checked out the soul food. There are some clones and kits out there of the blueberry. I'm currently using the Solid Gold Beta, although it's a different sound from those above.