Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

odb-3 feedback problems?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by shaolinwhat, Jul 12, 2005.

1. shaolinwhat

shaolinwhat

Jun 5, 2005
    Ohio
    so my odb3 has been feeding back like a bitch when i play my p bass through it. my jazz is usually fine, but with the p anytime a note isnt being played, its a constant squeal. rolling off the highs gets rid of it, but kills my tone. any suggestions for how i can kill that noise without losing the high end of my tone?

2. ted13

ted13

Mar 12, 2004
    montreal quebec
    Hey, what have found is stock japan fender pickups or similar tend to feedback alot for example geddy lee of 75ri jazz bass, possibly if your P is along those lines a new pickup would solve the problem.

3. shaolinwhat

shaolinwhat

Jun 5, 2005
    Ohio
    yep, its an all stock 83 japanese p bass. can you reccomend any pickups that wont feedback like that, but sound close to the stock ones? cause i think the stock pickups sounds awesome, so i really am not looking to change them aside from the feedback...

4. ted13

ted13

Mar 12, 2004
    montreal quebec
    I have installed kent armstrong p-bass pickup in a bass i built and never got so many compliments in my life. they are cheap and great sounding. wound to 10k they sound deep and punchy with fingers and offer a great pick tone. Ted

5. Flea666

Flea666

Apr 21, 2005
    Lichfield, UK
    mess about with the highs and lows on the pedal eq that should work or mess with the eq on your amp, i had the same problem, because i had my treble full on my amp and full on the pedal it fed back like a mother trucker.

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Why modify a perfectly good bass if it doesn't react properly with a low-price pedal? If it works fine without the pedal and there's a problem using with the pedal, it's obvious that the pedal is where your problem is. Try messing with the EQ on the ODB-3 or on your amp, but DON'T mod anything for such a simple problem!

The internet's getting too many people to change too many things that don't need to be changed.

This is the fourth time I've said it today, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

7. shaolinwhat

shaolinwhat

Jun 5, 2005
    Ohio
    yeah i have been noticing that a lot of people just want to mod things for the sake of modding them, for better or worse