1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ODB-3, mild distortion... is that even possible?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Rockles, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Rockles

Rockles

Feb 26, 2008
    Is it physically possible to get just a mild amount of distortion from an ODB-3 pedal?

2. put the gain at 0, just use the other knob. It's what I do

3. Rockles

Rockles

Feb 26, 2008
    thanks, but it seems when i do that, the tinyest movement of the knob even will change the sound from almost completely clean to ridiculous overdrive. Is there like a magical spot to turn the knob to?

4. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Yes, but you have to mod the pedal to do it. Replace the clipping leds with diodes.

5. Or buy another pedal.

6. bassforce

bassforce Guest

Feb 7, 2007
    Or set it up properly.
    Try Highs at 9or 10 o'clock
    Low at 2-3 o'clock
    Balance at 9 o'clock
    Gain at 9-10 o'clock

Mine sounds sweetly on this setup

7. just take your time and turn it a little (and I mean A LITTLE) at the time until you find something you like.

8. coldsalmon

coldsalmon

Mar 8, 2006
    New York, NY
    Don't be afraid to turn the highs all the way down to zero. This pedal is designed to use the full range of all its settings productively. Also, the EQ bands cover nearly the full spectrum, so turning the bass up and the volume down should be almost the same as just turning down the treble, with a slight loss of mids. You can use that to take even more of the "harshness" out of the sound after the treble is already at zero.