Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

odd bass at a GC... any clue?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by James Hart, Sep 12, 2004.

1. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I know a guy looking to buy it and he's wanting some info... anyone know what it is?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I have no idea what it is, but I WANT IT!!! It looks totaly cool and weird. I especially like the curled end on the fretboard by the Truss Adjustment. Certainly an Oddball worthy of a good home. Sorry I couln't be any help tho.

3. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I'd hit it.

4. Kill it ! :spit:

No idea.........

5. outofthedeep

outofthedeep Guest

Jan 14, 2004
    East Texas
    hmmm..

I have seen that headstock logo before.... let me think on it, and I will let you know if I remember.....

6. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings

Sure do. It's supposedly a KT bass, made by Mike Koontz (sp?) and John Thurston of MD. I met these guys through Scott Ambush when I first got back to Maryland in the early 80's. They were building some excellent basses and guitars, easily on par with anything that was around at the time. Just never really caught on. I know John has a repair shop, don't know what's up with Mike. I saw that bass at GC in Towson, MD about a month ago.

And yes, I owned a KT at one point;). Not like the one pictured. The more I look at that picture, the more I'm reminded of another bass that had a similar bodystyle at the time. Maybe it's not a KT.

7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    thanks Brad!